April 2 and 3, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim Convention Center Hotel
Master the OMB’s Super Circular! Make sure that you are staying up-to-date with the latest grants management requirements, including the Uniform Grants Guidance (a/k/a the “OMB Super Circular”), by attending the Western Grants Forum 2019 in Anaheim, in the heart of sunny Southern California, on April 2 – 3, 2019.
This last year has been challenging for many Federal grantees and subrecipients. Among the biggest challenges was avoiding distractions (including the government shutdown) while remaining in compliance with the requirements of the Uniform Grants Guidance (better known as the “OMB Super Circular”). To help grant-funded organizations like yours meet these challenges, the special theme of the Western Grants Forum 2019 is “Mastering the OMB Super Circular.” When you attend Western Grants Forum 2019 in Anaheim, you will learn about the Super Circular’s key rules and how to ensure compliance with the Uniform Grants Guidance. This year’s agenda includes a deep dive into the procurement standards, one of the most confusing areas for grant-funded entities, and the conference will also examine the lessons learned from the government shutdown and how your organization can become “shutdown proof.” Make plans to join us in Southern California on April 2 – 3, 2019, to learn how to master the OMB Super Circular.
Western Grants Forum 2019 will discuss the key grants management rules under the Uniform Grants Guidance (a/k/a “Super Circular”) as well as looking at recent developments and the steps that grantees can take to “shutdown proof” their programs. By attending the conference, you can ensure that you are up-to-date with current grants requirements. During this special two-day training on April 2 – 3, 2019, you will explore the following topics and more:
- Effects of the recent government shutdown and the lessons to be learned;
- Recent and possible changes under the Uniform Grants Guidance (Super Circular) and other grants management developments;
- Top compliance challenges for grantees and subrecipients under the Uniform Grants Guidance (Super Circular);
- Administrative requirements under the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Fiscal management and internal control requirements;
- Cost principles under the Uniform Grants Guidance (Super Circular);
- Limitations on allowability of specific items of cost;
- Managing grant-acquired and improved property;
- Relationship between the procurement rules and the cost principles;
- Time and effort reporting requirements;
- Involving board members and officers in effective fundraising;
- How to make your organization “shutdown proof”;
- Audit standards under the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Procurement standards and best practices under the Uniform Grants Guidance (Super Circular); and,
- Answers to frequently asked grants management questions.
Not only will you receive detailed information about Federal grants management requirements and current developments when you attend Western Grants Forum 2019, you will also have multiple opportunitiesto ask and get answers to your individual questions. Join us in Anaheim, California, on April 2 and 3, 2019, to learn how to better manage grants under the Uniform Grants Guidance (a.k.a. the “OMB Super Circular”).
July 1 6 – 18, 2018
New Orleans, Louisiana
Get Jazzed About Grants Management
Join fellow grants professionals at the New Orleans Renaissance Arts District Hotel for three days of sessions discussing the latest developments and trends in grants management at this year’s edition of the region’s premier grants management training conference.
For the first time, the Southern Grants Forum will be held in New Orleans–just in time for the Crescent City’s Tricentennial! Southern Grants Forum 2018 has planned over twenty informative, entertaining sessions featuring engaging experts who will explore federal grants management, fiscal integrity, information technology, governance and organizational management, human resources, and programmatic issues. This year’s conference will offer information for all types of grant-funded organizations (from nonprofits and governments to hospitals and educational institutions) regardless of whether the organization is a direct grantee, subrecipient, or pass-through. Come to Southern Grants Forum 2018 and “Get Jazzed About Grants Management” on July 16 through 18, 2018.
Get answers to your trickiest and most pressing questions about managing grants while staying up-to-date on recent developments affecting grant-funded entities. The three day conference will offer a mix of break-out and general sessions, including a special double session discussing “The Uniform Grants Guidance at Five.” Among the other planned sessions for Southern Grants Forum 2018 are:
- Indirect Costs: The Fundamentals;
- Conquering the Uniform Cost Principles;
- A Holistic Approach to Fraud;
- Understanding Wage and Hour Law Requirements;
- Recruiting and Retention Strategies;
- Understanding Fee for Service Models;
- Cybersecurity in 2018;
- Understanding Construction Contracts;
- Head Start Update;
- Conducting Legally Sound Background Checks;
- GAAP Update for Nonprofits;
- GASB Update 2018;
- Indirect Costs: A Deeper Dive;
- The New Nonprofit Accounting Rules; and,
- Procurement Best Practices under the Uniform Grants Guidance.
In addition, Southern Grants Forum 2018 will feature a lively “Hot Topics Panel” with half-a-dozen experts discussing the Uniform Grants Guidance, accounting, legal requirements, governance, technology, human resources, and programmatic issues, as they field audience questions. Make your plans today to attend Southern Grants Forum 2018 in New Orleans this July.
April 29 – May 1, 2015
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Get the answers to your questions about grants management at the Spring 2015 Southern Grants Forum. The Southern Grants Forum will be held from April 29 through May 1, 2015, in Atlanta, Georgia, at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel. The theme is “The Super Reset,” and the Southern Grants Forum will feature sessions discussing the impact of the Office of Management and Budget’s uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards for grant-funded organizations, better known as the “Super Circular.” In addition, the Spring 2015 Forum will address the effects of fundamental social and economic changes also underlying “The Super Reset.”
Join a dozen speakers presenting two dozen sessions discussing the future facing grant-funded organizations. The Forum will feature tracks for grants management, fiscal operations, governance and general management, and Head Start. Individual sessions will discuss:
- The Super Circular (Uniform Guidance),
- Cost Principles and Allowability,
- Procurement and Property Management,
- Understanding Financial Statements,
- IRS Compliance,
- Social Enterprise,
- Raising Unrestricted Funds,
- Strategic Planning,
- The Davis-Bacon Act,
- Head Start Aligned Monitoring, and
The Spring 2015 Southern Grants Forum will have vital answers to grants management questions for all types of grant-funded entities, from nonprofits and units of governments to tribal organizations, higher education, and hospitals.