Month: July 2019
September 26 and 27, 2019
Two-Day Uniform Grants Guidance Training
Our popular “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” training returns! Learn how to safely navigate the major administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards of the Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Guidance (better known as the “OMB Super Circular”) when you join us in Orlando, Florida, on September 26 and 27, 2019.
The Uniform Grants Guidance (or Super Circular) touches all aspects of Federal grants management, and failure to follow the Uniform Grants Guidance can result in serious compliance issues, including disallowances and even loss of grant funding. However, navigating this complex framework can be difficult, but our two-day training in Orlando will help you set the right course. Regardless of whether your organization is a pass-through entity, grantee, or subrecipient, you need to understand the Super Circular’s requirements and ensure that your organization’s policies and practices comply with the Uniform Guidance. The “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” conference on September 26-27, 2019, will explain the important administrative rules, cost principles, and audit requirements, that comprise the Uniform Guidance, and how to implement them. In addition, our revised curriculum will also discuss recent and proposed changes affecting the Super Circular and grants management to keep you up-to-date with current requirements and expectations.
By attending this special, two-day training opportunity in Orlando, you will learn how to better manage your grants while avoiding the most common compliance issues. This updated training will provide detailed explanations of the Uniform Grants Guidance’s key requirements for all types of grant-funded organizations, including nonprofits, colleges and universities, hospitals, tribal organizations, and units of government. When you attend the “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” training conference in Orlando, you will learn about the following topics:
- Recent and proposed changes affecting the OMB Super Circular (Uniform Guidance);
- Administrative standards under the Super Circular;
- Procurement and property management standards;
- Fiscal management requirements;
- Internal control standards;
- Records retention requirements;
- Closeouts and later adjustments;
- Funding source remedies and enforcement actions;
- Revised cost principles;
- Treatment of indirect and direct costs;
- Special rules for specific items of cost;
- Time and effort documentation for personnel costs;
- Prior approval requirements;
- Single Audit Act (formerly Circular A-133) audit requirements under the OMB Super Circular;
- Differences between the OMB’s version of the Super Circular and awarding agencies’ implementing regulations for the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Consequences of fraud, abuse, and other violations of grants management requirements under the Super Circular; and,
- How to avoid common problems under the Uniform Grants Guidance.
The conference will discuss these topics and more to provide you with the information necessary to navigate the Super Circular’s major requirements and to make sure that your organization and its policies are in compliance with current grants requirements. You will also have ample opportunities during both days of the “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” training to get answers to your individual questions about the OMB’s Uniform Guidance and grants management. Make plans today to join us in Orlando on September 26-27, 2019!