February 26 and 27, 2019
Francis Marion Hotel
Are you putting your grant funding at risk? Learn how to manage your Federal grants in compliance with the administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards of the OMB’s Uniform Grants Guidance (a/k/a the “Super Circular”) during our two-day training in Charleston, South Carolina, on February 26-27, 2019.
The Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Grants Guidance (popularly known as the “OMB Super Circular,” the “Omnicircular,” or simply the “UGG”) touches all aspects of grants management, and failure to follow its requirements can result in serious compliance problems and even loss of your grant funding. Regardless of whether your organization is a pass-through entity, grantee, or subrecipient, you need to understand the Super Circular’s requirements and conform your organization’s practices to the Uniform Grants Guidance and funding source regulations. This special, two-day conference will not only explain for you the grants management requirements under the Uniform Grants Guidance, but will also go beyond the basics to address recent legislative, policy, and legal developments, to help you stay up-to-date on current grants requirements. By attending the “Managing Grants under the Uniform Grants Guidance” training in Charleston on February 26 and 27, 2019, you will learn how to comply with the Uniform Grants Guidance, better manage your grants, and avoid common problems.
During this intensive training, you will learn about the Uniform Grants Guidance’s key requirements across the entire grant life cycle, from the pre-award phase to performance to close-outs and audits, plus everything in between. Over the course of two days, you will learn how to safely navigate the OMB Super Circular. Just some of the topics that you will explore are:
- Recent changes to the Uniform Grants Guidance (OMB Super Circular);
- Major rules that you must follow under the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Administrative standards under the Super Circular;
- Procurement and property management standards;
- Fiscal management requirements;
- Internal control standards;
- Records retention requirements;
- Close-outs and later adjustments;
- Funding source remedies and enforcement actions;
- Revised, unified cost principles under the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Treatment of direct and indirect costs (including the de minimis indirect cost rate);
- Special rules applicable to specific items of cost;
- Time and effort reporting requirements for personnel charges;
- Prior approval requirements;
- Single Audit Act (Subpart F) audit standards;
- Consequences of fraud, abuse, and other violations of the Uniform Grants Guidance’s requirements;
- Common problems under the Uniform Grants Guidance and how to avoid them; and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Uniform Grants Guidance (Super Circular) and its implementation.
The conference will discuss these topics and more to provide you with the information necessary to remain in compliance with current grants requirements. In addition to learning how to navigate the Uniform Grants Guidance to stay in compliance with grants requirements, you will also have ample opportunities over both days of the conference to ask and get answers to your questions about the OMB Super Circular and grants management when you attend the “Managing Grants under the Uniform Grants Guidance” training in Charleston South Carolina, on February 26 and 27, 2019.