December 13 and 14, 2018
Hilton Palacio del Rio (on the River Walk)
San Antonio, Texas
Once-a-Year Federal Grants Training Opportunity!
Stay up-to-date with critical developments affecting Federal grants management, including changes related to the Uniform Grants Guidance (a.k.a. the “OMB Super Circular”), by attending the annual Federal Grants Management Update and Super Circular Training in San Antonio, Texas, on December 13-14, 2018.
When you attend this year’s Federal Grants Management Update and Super Circular Training, you will learn how to better manage your grants under the Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Grants Guidance (more commonly known as the “OMB Super Circular”), while staying up-to-date on the latest regulatory, legal, accounting, and policy developments affecting grants management. Held since 2015, the annual Federal Grants Update provides up-to-date information about Federal grants management requirements for all types of grant recipients and subrecipients (whether nonprofits, institutions of higher education, hospitals, tribal entities, or unites of government) throughout the United States. This year’s update will feature a procurement deep dive in addition to explanations of the latest legal, fiscal, and policy developments, including recent changes to the Super Circular’s requirements. Help ensure that your organization stays up-to-date and in compliance with Federal grants rules by making your plans today to join your fellow grants management professionals for the Federal Grants Update 2018 in San Antonio on December 13 and 14.
The Federal Grants Management Training and Super Circular Update will discuss recent developments for both new and experienced grants professionals as well as explaining major requirements under the Super Circular for those new to grants management and for those simply wanting a refresher. The special procurement standards deep dive that will conclude this year’s update is just one of the many topics that will be covered over the conference’s two full days. During the Federal Grants Update 2018, you will learn about important grants management issues and changes, including the following:
- Current developments in grants management under the Uniform Grants Guidance (a.k.a. the Super Circular);
- Major requirements under the OMB Super Circular’s administrative rules, cost principles, and audit standards;
- Procurement standards and best practices under the Uniform Grants Guidance, including recent changes to the procurement rules;
- Methods of procurement under the Uniform Grants Guidance, their significant features (and differences), and when to use them;
- Fiscal management standards and related financial management issues for grant recipients and subrecipients;
- Common allowability issues under the cost principles;
- Management and disposition of property acquired or improved with grant funds;
- Employee welfare costs (including the elimination of “employee morale”);
- Effects of tax reform on grant-funded organizations;
- Fiscal management issues for non-financial personnel;
- Strategies to diversify funding streams;
- Engaging the governing body in financially successful fundraising activities;
- Impact of recent legislation, court cases, and administrative decisions, on Federal grantees and grants management;
- Internal control requirements for grant-funded entities;
- Recent accounting and auditing changes affecting grantees; and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the OMB’s Super Circular.
In addition to learning about these critical grants management topics and more, you will also have multiple opportunities to ask our speakers your individual Super Circular and grants management questions. Register today for this year’s edition of the Federal Grants Management Update and Super Circular Training in San Antonio, Texas, on December 13-14, 2018, to learn how to comply with current grants requirements under the Super Circular and avoid costly compliance issue.