May 1 and 2, 2018
Two-Day OMB Super Circular Training Conference
Join us in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on May 1 and 2, 2018, to learn how to safely navigate the key administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards, under the Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Grants Guidance (a.k.a. the “Super Circular”) and stay in compliance with grants management rules.
Making mistakes with your Federal grants can have serious consequences, ranging from suspensions and costly disallowances to lose of funding and even jail time. Properly managing Federal grants (whether direct grants or subawards from a state or other pass-through entity) requires a deep understanding of the OMB’s Uniform Grants Guidance (better known as the “Super Circular” or “Omnicircular”). The Uniform Grants Guidance touches all aspects of Federal grants management, but the Super Circular’s requirements continue to change with periodic amendments to the supposedly “final” rules. Navigating this evolving framework can be a challenge, but our two-day training in Milwaukee on May 1 and 2, 2018, will help you steer the right course. “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” will cover the Super Circular’s key requirements, discuss recent grants management developments that could affect you, and identify common compliance issues and describe how you can avoid them.
When you attend this special training, you will learn how to navigate the OMB Super Circular’s requirements, which, in turn, will allow you to better manage your grants and avoid problem areas. The intensive “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” training, which has been updated and expanded for 2018, will explain the Uniform Grants Guidance and Federal implementing regulations in detail. During the two-day conference in Milwaukee, you will learn about the following topics:
- Recent changes to the OMB Uniform Grants Guidance (Super Circular);
- Current developments affecting Federal grants management;
- Administrative standards under the Super Circular;
- Procurement and property management standards;
- Fiscal management requirements;
- Internal control standards;
- Records retention requirements;
- Closeouts and later adjustments;
- Funding source remedies and enforcement actions;
- Revised cost principles and general rules for charging costs to your Federal grants;
- Treatment of indirect and direct costs;
- Special rules for allowability of specific items of cost;
- Time and effort documentation requirements for personnel costs;
- Prior “written” approval requirements;
- Single Audit Act (Subpart F) audit requirements under the OMB Super Circular;
- Differences between the OMB’s version of the Super Circular (Omnicircular) and awarding agencies’ implementing regulations for the Uniform Guidance;
- Consequences of fraud, abuse, and other violations of grants management requirements under the Super Circular;
- Common problems under the Uniform Grants Guidance and how to avoid them; and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Super Circular (Uniform Grants Guidance) and its implementation.
These issues and more will be explored to provide you with the necessary information to successfully navigate the Super Circular’s major requirements and to update internal policies to remain compliant with current grants standards. In addition, you will have multiple opportunities during the training in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on May 1 and 2, 2018, to get your individual Super Circular and grants management questions answered.