March 27 and 28, 2018
Full, Two-Day OMB Uniform Grants Guidance Training
Learn how to safely navigate the OMB Super Circular’s key administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards, in Columbus, Ohio, on March 27 and 28, during this exclusive, two-day training, featuring an updated curriculum for 2018.
Are you putting your grants at risk? The OMB’s Uniform Grants Guidance (better known as the “Super Circular” or “Omnicircular”) touches all aspects of Federal grants management, and failure to follow the Uniform Grants Guidance can result in serious compliance issues, including disallowances, suspensions, and even loss of your grant funding. The Uniform Grants Guidance and agency implementing regulations have imposed new requirements for grant-funded organizations and changed numerous pre-existing rules, including administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards; adding to the complications, these requirements continue to change. Navigating this evolving framework can be difficult, but our two-day training in Columbus, Ohio, on March 27 and 28, 2018, will help you set the right course. The training will explain for you the Super Circular’s key requirements, discuss recent developments that could affect you in 2018, and identify common compliance issues and describe how you can avoid them.
By attending this special conference, you will learn how to navigate the OMB Super Circular’s requirements to better manage your grants and stay away from problem territory. During the intensive “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” training, which has been updated and expanded for 2018, you will learn about the Uniform Grants Guidance and Federal implementing regulations in detail. Among the topics that you will explore are:
- Recent changes to the OMB Super Circular (Uniform Grants Guidance);
- Administrative standards under the Super Circular;
- Procurement and property management standards;
- Fiscal management requirements;
- Internal control standards;
- Records retention requirements;
- Closeouts and later adjustments;
- Funding source remedies and enforcement actions;
- Revised cost principles;
- Treatment of indirect and direct costs;
- Special rules for specific items of cost;
- Time and effort documentation for personnel costs;
- Prior approval requirements;
- Single Audit Act (Subpart F) audit requirements under the OMB Super Circular;
- Differences between the OMB’s version of the Super Circular and awarding agencies’ implementing regulations for the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Consequences of fraud, abuse, and other violations of grants management requirements under the Super Circular;
- Common problems under the Uniform Grants Guidance and how to avoid them; and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Super Circular (Omnicircular) and its implementation.
The conference will discuss these topics and more to provide you with the information necessary to successfully navigate the Super Circular’s major requirements as well as to update internal policies to comply with current grants requirements. You will also have ample opportunities during both days of the Columbus, Ohio, training on March 27 and 28, 2018, to ask and get answers to your questions about the Super Circular and grants management.