October 10 and 11, 2017
Francis Marion Hotel
Charleston, SC (Hotel deadline is September 18!)
Full, Two-Day OMB Uniform Grants Guidance Training
Learn to navigate the OMB Super Circular’s administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards to keep your grants on safe ground and far from problem territory by attending this intensive training in Charleston, South Carolina, on October 10 and 11, 2017.
Are your grants headed for trouble? Grants management has entered a new territory of increased accountability under the Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Grants Guidance (more commonly known as the “Super Circular” or Omnicircular”). With the Super Circular, the OMB has created a different framework for managing Federal grants that continues to evolve, with the most recent amendments occurring just this May. Navigating this evolving framework can be difficult, but our two-day training in Charleston will help you set the right course. The training will explain for you the Super Circular’s key requirements, discuss recent developments that could affect you, and identify common compliance issues and explain how you can avoid them. By attending this exclusive training on October 10 and 11, 2017, you will learn how to navigate the OMB Super Circular’s requirements to better manage your grants and stay away from problem areas.
“Navigating the OMB Super Circular” will explain the Super Circular’s key requirements for all types of pass-through entities, grantees, and subrecipients. Among the topics that you will learn about are:
- Recent changes to the OMB Super Circular (Uniform Grants Guidance);
- Administrative standards under the Super Circular;
- Procurement and property management standards;
- Fiscal management requirements;
- Internal control standards;
- Records retention requirements;
- Closeouts and later adjustments;
- Funding source remedies and enforcement actions;
- Revised cost principles;
- Treatment of indirect and direct costs;
- Special rules for specific items of cost;
- Time and effort documentation for personnel costs;
- Prior approval requirements;
- Single Audit Act (formerly Circular A-133) audit requirements under the OMB Super Circular;
- Differences between the OMB’s version of the Super Circular and awarding agencies’ implementing regulations for the Uniform Grants Guidance;
- Consequences of fraud, abuse, and other violations of grants management requirements under the Super Circular;
- Common problems under the Uniform Grants Guidance and how to avoid them; and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Super Circular (Omnicircular) and its implementation.
In addition to learning how to navigate the OMB’s Uniform Guidance (a.k.a. the Super Circular) to stay in compliance with grants requirements, you will have multiple opportunities over both days of the “Navigating the OMB Super Circular” training in Charleston to get answers to your individual Super Circular and grants management questions.