Month: September 2016
October 25 and 26, 2016
New Orleans, LA
Our last conference sold out early, so we added more dates. Don’t miss this chance to learn the key requirements under the OMB Super Circular and stay up-to-date on the latest developments and changes affecting Federal grants management at our 2-day conference in New Orleans.
The requirements for managing grants both under the OMB’s Uniform Guidance (better known as the Super Circular) and in general continue to grow and evolve. The Super Circular has imposed new requirements and changed numerous pre-existing rules, including administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit standards. In addition, funding sources have enacted their own regulations to implement the Super Circular, but the implementing regulations are not uniform, and the OMB continues to amend the Super Circular, including new changes taking effect for 2016. To effectively manage Federal grants in today’s environment, you need to know the key requirements of the Super Circular as well as the latest changes to the Guidance and related developments in grants management. By attending the OMB Super Circular Training and Federal Grants Update 2016 in New Orleans, you will not only learn about the major requirements under the Super Circular and the challenges in implementing these rules but will also stay up-to-date with the evolving world of the Uniform Guidance and grants management.
The training will cover the major requirements of the Super Circular for those new to grants management or wanting a refresher, but the conference goes beyond the fundamentals to explain recent changes and related developments for both new and experienced grants professionals.
During this special, 2-day event, you will learn about the Super Circular’s requirements, implementation issues, recent changes to the Super Circular, and related developments in grants management, including:
- Amendments to the Super Circular (Uniform Guidance) taking effect in 2016;
- Administrative requirements under the Super Circular and challenges in implementation;
- Procurement and property management standards under the Super Circular, recent changes affecting procurement standards, and common problems in implementing the new standards;
- Unified cost principles under the Super Circular and issues encountered in navigating the new cost principles related to direct and indirect costs,
- Requirements of the Federal Awardee Performance Integrity and Information System (FAPIIS);
- Requirements for risk management in the award and management of grants and subgrants;
- Time and effort reporting requirements (including the impact of the new FLSA overtime rules) under the Super Circular;
- Impact of recent court and administrative decisions on Federal grants management;
- New legislation addressing issues in grants management and closeouts;
- Consequences (legal and administrative) of fraud, abuse, and other violations of grants management requirements under the Super Circular;
- Changes under the Super Circular affecting the making, documenting, and managing of subawards (subgrants);
- New emphasis on internal controls and new certification and fiscal management requirements under the Super Circular;
- Changes to Single Audit Act (formerly Circular A-133) requirements related to audits, reporting, and resolution under Subpart F of the Uniform Guidance (Super Circular);
- New revisions to the Annual Audit Compliance Supplement for 2016; and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Super Circular and its implementation.
In addition to receiving the detailed information needed to understand the Super Circular and make sure that your organization is in compliance with grant rules in 2016, you will also have ample opportunities over both days to ask and get answers to your individual questions about the OMB Super Circular.