Month: February 2015
April 9 and 10, 2015
Hilton Union Square Hotel
San Francisco, CA
Exclusive, Two-Day OMB Super Circular Training
The major Federal grant awarding agencies have finally issued regulations to implement the Office of Management and Budget’s new uniform guidance for administrative requirements, cost principles, and audits for Federal grants. The guidance (commonly called the “Super Circular” or “Omnicircular”), and the Federal agency implementing regulations, provide a new framework for managing Federal grants and subgrants. Despite the goal of uniformity, the OMB’s final guidance contains differences from earlier versions, and major Federal grant awarding agencies have included deviations from the OMB’s version of the Super Circular in their implementing regulations. All non-Federal entities (pass-throughs, grantees and subrecipients) need to understand this new framework and conform their own policies and procedures to the Super Circular and awarding agency implementing regulations to remain in compliance with Federal requirements. This conference will provide in-depth explanations of what the Super Circular and the awarding agency implementing regulations mean for Federal grantees and subgrantees.
Over the course of two days in San Francisco, the conference will explore the Super Circular (Omnicircular) and implementing regulations in detail, including:
- Changes from the proposed OMB guidance to the final guidance;
- Differences between the previous administrative standards and new standards under the Super Circular, including:
- New procurement and property management standards,
- Changes to fiscal management requirements,
- New internal control standards,
- Revised records retention requirements,
- Changes to closeouts and later adjustments, and
- Changes to funding source remedies;
- Revisions to the cost principles, including:
- Changes to treatment of indirect costs,
- Changes to specific items of cost,
- New requirements for personnel costs, and
- Prior approval requirements;
- Changes to Single Audit Act (formerly Circular A-133) audit requirements under the OMB Super Circular (Omnicircular);
- Differences between the OMB’s version of the Super Circular and awarding agencies’ implementing regulations for the Super Circular (Omnicircular); and,
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Super Circular (Omnicircular) and its implementation.
The conference will discuss these topics and more to provide attendees not only with the detailed information necessary to understand the requirements of the OMB Super Circular and the Federal awarding agencies’ implementing regulations but also the information necessary to update internal policies and procedures to comply with the new grant requirements.